Leroy Roberts Railroad Collection
Moving Station Building, Fenwick 52 views
Hotel Green, Danbury 51 views
Birds Eye View, Cornwall 49 views
Railroad Station, Bethel 30 views
Railroad Station, Stratton Brook 25 views
Entrance To Wildwood Park, Killingly 25 views
About This Collection
- A Guide to the Leroy Roberts Railroad Collection, undated, 1851-1993
- Archives & Special Collections at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center, University of Connecticut Libraries
- Alvin D. Higgins School, Thompsonville
- Large brick building with fenced lawn and trees in front. Flag flying on pole. Street in front of building with trolley tracks in it., Infrastructure
- Bad Corner, Somers
- Man pushing cart with two men in it near stacks of lumber, trolley tracks and unpaved street. Sign "Bad Corner" on telephone pole., Infrastructure, Livelihood, Title supplied by cataloger. Writing with ink on photograph.
- Drescher's, town hall and fire department, post office, Cote's Meat Market, and apartment building along block with unpaved street with trolley tracks., Environment, Infrastructure, Title supplied by cataloger. Writing with ink on photograph.
- Baltic Inn, Baltic
- Man and dog in front of large brick three story building with two double porches and sign over front entrance "Baltic Inn". Automobile in front of far porch., Infrastructure, Title supplied by cataloger. Writing with ink on photograph.
- Bankers Row, Norwich
- Automobiles and horse and carriage on street with trolley tracks in it. Pedestrians on sidewalks. Two and Three story stone buildings, some with awnings over street level windows. Engraved on one "The Thames National Bank"., Environment, Infrastructure, Smudging on postcard.
- Barnards Station Grade Crossing, Looking North, Bloomfield
- Road at intersection with railroad tracks. Crossing signs at intersection. Fencing encloses surrounding fields. Buildings to either side of road., Infrastructure, Environment, Writing with ink on photograph.
- Barnards, Looking Southeast Along Central New England Railway, Bloomfield
- Sign reading "Barnards" near small wood frame building with overhanging roof. Railroad tracks in front of building. Telephone poles parallel tracks. Intersection with road just past building., Infrastructure, Spotting, writing with ink on photograph.
- Beacon Falls Rubber Shoe Company, Beacon Falls
- Wood covered bridge leading to steel frame bridge to Beacon Falls Rubber Shoe Company factory building. Factory is a large brick three story structure with two brick towers., Infrastructure, Environment
- Beckleys, Berlin
- Wood frame house, white with black shutters enclosed with picket fence. Railroad tracks alongside of house. Extension of house with door and wind faces tracks. Sign over door., Infrastructure, Title supplied by cataloger.
- Berkshire Water Company, Cornwall Bridge
- Snow covered railroad tracks in front of large two story white wood building. Sign on building reads "Berkshire Spring Water". Other buildings behind and beyond first. Telephone poles parallel tracks. Boxcar in front of building., Environment, Infrastructure
- Bicycle Club, Terryville Station
- Nine men with three bicycles in front of wood frame station building with sign "Western Union Telegraph Office"., Infrastructure, Lifestyle, Spotting, writing with ink on photograph. Smithsonian Institution, photo No. 57233.
- Big Elm, Near Post Office, South Coventry
- Trolley car at intersection with street with large tree growing in the middle of it. Sidewalks and residences., Environment, Infrastructure
- Bird's-eye View Of Norwich And Shetucket River, Norwich
- Town buildings, houses, bridge and river with rocky hillside in foreground., Environment, Infrastructure, Smudging, writing with ink on postcard.
- Birds Eye View (of Center), Andover
- Panoramic view of the center of Andover. Hotel in center with houses and church to sides., Infrastructure, Environment, Photograph of postcard Photograph smudged
- Birds Eye View From Capitol, Hartford
- Railroad station, tracks and buildings. Park, hotels, business buildings and roads., Environment, Infrastructure
- Birds Eye View From Laurel Hill Of Norwich And The Shetucket River, Norwich
- Wooded hillsides, river, bridge, town buildings and houses., Environment, Infrastructure
- Birds Eye View From Laurel Hill, Norwich
- River with boats on it. Bridge, town buildings, factories, churches, and houses surrounded by wooded hills., Environment, Infrastructure, Postmark bleed through on postcard.
- Birds Eye View Of Danielson, Looking South From School House
- Town buildings, houses, streets and railroad., Environment, Infrastructure, Probably on School Street. Smudging on postcard.
- Birds Eye View Of Ponemah Mills, Taftville
- Street with telephone poles, trolley tracks and fenced sidewalk. Trees and river near street. Large brick buildings of mill plant near river., Environment, Infrastructure
- Birds Eye View, Broad Brook
- Houses, trees, town buildings, water tower and large chimney., Infrastructure, Environment, Postmark bleed through, writing with ink on postcard.
- Birds Eye View, Clinton
- Box cars on railroad tracks in front of houses surrounded by trees., Infrastructure, Environment
- Birds Eye View, Cornwall
- Overview of open fields, trees, church, residences and other town buildings., Environment, Spotting, smudging, tear along right side of postcard.
- Birdseye View Of Derby And Shelton
- View of railroad tracks, station building and freight house with town buildings in background., Infrastructure, Environment, Photograph of postcard. Typewriting on photograph.
- Birdseye View Of New Hartford
- Factory buildings, church, town buildings and houses surrounded by trees and hills., Environment, Infrastructure
- Birthplace Of Mrs. Sigourney, Norwich
- Three story wood frame house with several porches, five chimneys and picket fence surrounding lot. Sidewalk and road in front of house. Trolley tracks in road., Environment, Infrastructure, Tears, fraying corners on postcard. Back of postcard reads: "This is one of the very ancient houses of Norwich. Here was born in 1791, Lydia Huntley Sigourney, one of the most gifted of the earlier American writers.This is the 'Madame Lathrop House' of which Mrs. Sigourney writes so charming a description in her 'Letters of Life'."
- Blackberry River Valley, From Lookout Mountain, West Norfolk
- View of river valley showing houses, buildings, fields, trees and mountains., Environment, Photograph of postcard. Writing with ink on photograph.
- Boardmans Bridge, New Milford
- Bridge over river., Infrastructure
- Boat Landing, Lake Compounce, Bristol
- Docks and small boats at shore line of lake. Trees and grass surround lake with scattered chairs and small gazebo., Infrastructure, Environment, Writing with ink on postcard
- Bolton Notch
- Train engine and boxcars on tracks near buildings to sides of tracks. Rocky hillside and road with rock wall on either side of tracks. Water in distance., Infrastructure, Environment