Plan of the ancient Palisado Plot in Windsor

Schematic diagram showing the layout of the town of Windsor in 1654 copied by Barber from "A book of Towne Wayes in Windsor" by Matthew Grant (1601-1681). The plots are inscribed "D. Wilson" "Burying place" "W. Gaylord" "t. Parson's" "Hi Way" "Capt." "Egelston" "Town house" "Grant" "Dible" "Philups" "Mr. Clark" "Marshall" "Fyler" "Strong." Beyond the palisade on one side is the inscription "Against the meadow; "" on the adjoining side "Rivulet."
  • Views (3)
  • Downloads (0)