Hartford County Building

Hartford County Building

A large art deco style building has lettering on the facade that reads "HARTFORD COUNTY BUILDING." Statues sit atop pillars and there is a relief in the attic story. An American flag flied above the entrance. Small trees line the street. Inscribed, lower right, "RICHARD WELLING." Title ascribed by cataloger. Date unknown. The Hartford County Building on Washington Street in Hartford originally served as the Hartford County Courthouse. It now (2016) serves as the Hartford Judicial District Courthouse. Construction of the building began in 1926 and it was finished in 1929.